District Swimming

Marcela Loredo, Writer

Swimming Districts just passed this last Friday January 27th at Banworth Swimming pool and the team did such a great job ending up in 2nd place for both swimming girls and boys beating almost every school in the meet.

Our swimmers did their best effort this past Friday in order to get the victory and title of District Champions. They showed all they worked for during practice all year. “I did the best I could. It’s my senior year and I wanted to feel proud about myself and my team. Everyone worked so hard and I think each of us, including Coach Jensen and coach Saenz deserve to be recognized for the outstanding work we’ve all done” said Senior, Minerva Bistrain.

Furthermore, as Districts being the first for some of the swimmers, anxiety and nervousness were experienced during the meet. “This was my first District meet. I was really nervous. I wanted to give my best and so I did. Right now I’m really happy with the results I think we all swam with our heart this past Friday” said Sophomore Diana Martinez.

Moreover, the freshmen experience in the swim Districts is something worth to appreciate. “I loved the meet, I loved everything about it and how I did there, I was really nervous at first but then I got so inspired I proved everything I worked at practice in my race” said Freshman, Yamilee Abouchard.

Lastly, the swimming team is competing this weekend Friday February 3rd and 4th in Corpus Cristi against many schools at regionals.
Our school swim team has given us high expectations and great results throughout the whole season since it started in October, as this is one of the last meets of the season, lets wish luck to the swim team and Go Rattlers!

District Swimming