DIVER SANDRA VALDEZ GOES TO STATE COMPETITION

Marcela Loredo, Editor

School Diver Sandra Valdez honored us representing the school and our rattler pride this past February 17th at State Meet in Austin Texas.

With this being her third and last time competing in State Competition she closed the experience with the amazing result of getting 8th place overall, putting her is the first Top 10 divers in the state of Texas. “ I was so excited. I wanted to give my best. This was my last state meet and I feel very honored to have the privilege of representing our school in Diving” said Senior, Sandra Valdez.

She ended up 8th place overall in the category of 1- meter diving. She dived eight times the first day and three the second day during finals. She competed doing the forward ½ , the back double, the reverse dive, the reverse 1 ½ , the back full twist, inward 1 ½ , the back 1 ½ and the inward flip.

Furthermore, Senior Sandra Valdez, stated that she feels proud of the results she earned at state meet and that this experience has helped her with her opportunities for college. “ I am so proud of the way I dived there . Of course everyone wants a gold medal, but if you do what you love you’ll find a way to be successful. People from colleges watched me dive that day, I have applied and talked with the coaches in college. I’m so glad they could saw me dive with my heart and soul that day”.

Lastly, our school diver Sandra Valdez gave us the honor to end up eight place out of twenty- four divers that qualified at the meet. Without any doubt, Sandra is classified as the best of the best in Texas and obviously the best diver in history of our school. Go Rattlers!

• DIVER SANDRA VALDEZ GOES TO STATE COMPETITION

News

Five SHS Students Ace Medical Billing & Coding Certification

News

Sharyland Academic UIL Team Wins District, Regional Championship: 11 Advance to State

News

Sharyland High School’s Top Three to Continue Leadership Path

News

SHS Honors Super Achievers

A & E

The Sally Spectre Show Story

• Opinion

Reflecting on Trump’s First 100 Days as President

• Community

Mariachi Nuevo Cascabel Spring Show

• Opinion

The Pressures of Social Media

Editorial

Student Excuses

• Lifestyles

Traveling